How to draw a cheerleader
1) At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the right side of the head.
3) From the upper border of the head, draw a segment equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to half the height of the head. This will be the upper boundary of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the head, draw seven segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to three-quarters the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Four segments equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Three segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to one-quarter the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of the drawing.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for the cheerleader’s body. Draw an oval for her head. Add a line, which will act as the center of it. Sketch guidelines for her body.
Draw the cheerleader’s body and neck.
Add guidelines for her arms, pompons and facial features.
Outline the hands, legs and hair of the girl.
Sketch the clothes of the cheerleader, her hands and mouth.
Detail the clothes. Add her eyes, eyebrows and nose.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour the cheerleader, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add grass. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.