How to draw a dagger
1) Draw a rectangle that will define the conditional proportions and boundaries of the chosen drawing.
2) From the middle of the rectangle, draw one vertical and one horizontal line equally dividing the shape.
3) Draw a horizontal line equally dividing the top half of the figure.
4) Draw a horizontal line equally dividing the bottom half of the figure.
5) Now our grid consists of four identical vertical segments. Each of these segments is divided in half by horizontal lines.
Mark off the width and height and define the main proportions of the dagger.
Outline the shapes of the blade and pommel.
Sketch the pommel, and add a guideline for the cross-guard.
Draw the shape of the grip.
Detail the grip of the dagger.
Finish with the shapes of the grip and pommel.
Contour the dagger, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Erase all the guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.