How to draw a football player
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw six identical segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to half the height of the head. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Three segments of equal head width – to the left of the line.
• Two segments of equal head width – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for the proportions of the football player’s body. Draw the shape of his head and put a line through it.
Define the neck, torso and ball of the player.
Draw guidelines for the arms, hands and facial features of the footballer.
Outline the shapes of the player’s arms, hands, legs, feet and helmet.
Delineate the clothes of the football player, his eyes and new parts of the helmet.
Pay attention to the new parts and detail on the clothes. Draw the fingers and facial features of the football player in more detail.
Work on adding further detail.
Contour the football player, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.