How to draw a gymnast on a beam
1) In the lower left part of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) From the lower border of the head, draw one segment equal to the height of the head. This will be the lower boundary of the figure.
3) Draw a vertical line through the left border of the head. This will be the left vertical border of the figure.
4) From the lower border of the head, draw upward nine segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to one-third the height of the head.
5) From the left vertical border of the figure, measure and draw:
• Four segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to one-third the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The rightmost line is the vertical right border of our figure.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for the gymnast’s head and the balance beam.
Draw the body and neck of the gymnast.
Add guidelines for her arms, legs and face.
Outline the shapes of the legs and arms. Add the facial features of the gymnast.
Sketch the girl’s fingers, feet, chest, ears and the general shape of her hair. Detail her nose.
Draw the clothes, eye, eyebrows and hair tie of the gymnast. Pay attention to her hair.
Work on the whole figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour the gymnast, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.