How to draw a meerkat
1) Draw a rectangle that will define the conditional proportions and boundaries of the chosen drawing.
2) From the middle of the rectangle, draw one vertical and one horizontal line equally dividing the shape.
3) Draw a horizontal line equally dividing the top half of the figure.
4) Draw a horizontal line equally dividing the bottom half of the figure.
5) Now our grid consists of four identical vertical segments. Each of these segments is divided in half by horizontal lines.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Draw two ovals for the head and body of the meerkat. Draw a line, which will act as the center of its head. Add horizontal lines to defineplaces for the feet.
Draw shapesfor the animal’s body and neck. Add a smooth guideline for its tail.
Use guidelines to define places for the legs, snout and eyes of the meerkat.
Sketch the legs, feet, snout and eyebrow ridges of the animal.
Draw the eyes, tail, ear, nose and toes of the meerkat.
Add claws. Work on the whole figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour the meerkat, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.