How to draw Aang from Avatar
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw six identical segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to one-sixth the height of the head. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to four-sixths the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to three-fourths the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for the body. Draw an oval to define Aang’s head. Add a line, which will act as the center of his head.
Draw the shape of the boy’s body, neck and sticks.
Define the hands, legs and facial features.
Outline the shapes of the hands and pants.
Draw Aang’s legs, feet and cape. Add guidelines for his eyes.
Draw the clothes more carefully. Add the eyebrows and fingers.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour Aang, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
For personal and non-commercial use only. All cartoon, manga and anime characters featured on supercoloring.com are the property of their respective owners.