How to draw Alice from Alice in Wonderland
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the right side of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the drawing.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw six identical segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to one-quarter the height of the head. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for Alice’s body. Draw an oval to define her head.
Draw the shapes of the girl’s chest and her neck.
Define her hands, legs and facial features.
Outline the shapes of her arms and legs.
Draw Alice’s hair, nose and the hem of the apron.
Draw Alice’s eyes, mouth, hair bow, shoes, dress and finish with her apron.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour Alice, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail, add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.