How to draw an angel girl
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw six identical segments. Each segment should be equal to the height of the head. Now draw a segment equal to four-fifths the head height. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Three segments equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to one-quarter the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.Hide
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Draw basic lines denoting the proportions of the figure. Outline the shape of the angel’s head.
Outline the shape of the angel’s body and neck. Add guidelines for wings and hair.
Draw some guidelines for arms. Outline the face, hands and legs to show the proportions of the angel girl.
Draw the shapes of hands and a tunic.
Outline the shape of wings and the face of the angel girl.
Add lines to indicate fingers and toes. Outline the hair and the armholes of the tunic.
Work further on the whole shape and figure, adding more details.
Contour, trying to vary the thickness and blackness of the line. Add some extra details. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.