How to draw an anime boy
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw seven identical segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to half the height of the head. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Two segments of equal head width – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.Hide
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Draw basic lines denoting the proportions of the figure. Outline a shape for the head of the anime boy.
Outline the shapes of a boy’s body and neck.
Add proportionate guidelines for his arms, legs and the features of his face.
Outline the shapes of arms, hands and legs. Add the anime boy’s ear.
Draw the shapes of his hair and jacket.
Outline eyes, a shirt, jacket lapels and the anime boy’s shoe buckles.
Work further on the whole shape and figure, adding more details.
Contour, trying to vary the thickness and blackness of the line. Add some extra details and the ground around the anime boy. Erase all guidelines.