How to draw an anteater
1) Draw a rectangle that will define the conditional proportions and boundaries of the chosen drawing.
2) From the middle of the rectangle, draw one vertical and one horizontal line equally dividing the shape.
3) Draw a vertical line in the middle of the left half of the figure.
4) Draw a vertical line in the middle of the right half of the figure.
5) Now the grid consists of four identical horizontal segments. Each of these segments is divided in half by vertical lines.
Mark off the width and height of the anteater. Define the shape of its head. Draw an oval for its body.
Draw the shape of the body and a guideline for the anteaters’ neck.
Add guidelines for the anteater’s legs and mouth.
Draw shapes for the lower jaw and legs.
Draw the toes, tail, ear and eye of the animal.
Add claws. Work on the figure paying special attention to detail.
Contour the anteater, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.