How to draw Aphrodite
• Draw the upper border of your drawing.
• From the upper border of the drawing, moving downward, tentatively determine
the location of the head and draw its approximate size using an oval.
• Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line
of the drawing.
• From the upper border of the drawing, draw 8 identical segments equal to the height
of the head, plus one segment equal to 1/3 of the height of the head. The last segment will
act as the lower boundary of the drawing. Draw horizontal lines through the boundaries of the segments.
• From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
- to the left of the line, 5 segments equal to the width of the head;
- to the right of the line, 3 segments equal to the width of the head, plus one segment equal to 1/4 of the width of the head.
• Draw vertical lines through the boundaries of the segments.
The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of your drawing.
Mark off the width and height of the picture, as well as main proportions of Aphrodite’s figure and shell. Draw the shape of Aphrodite’s head, and a line through its centre.
Outline the torso and neck, as well as the shape of the inside of the shell.
Add guidelines for Aphrodite’s arms, feet, and facial features.
Sketch the lower edge of the shell, and Aphrodite’s arms, legs, nose, and eyebrows. Add a smooth guideline for her hair.
Draw her fingers and toes as well as general shape of her hair, mouth, nose, and eyes. Mark the shell segments.
Refine the shapes of the shell and hair. Draw Aphrodite’s breasts and navel in detail.
Work on the whole figure, adding more details. Detail the shapes of her eyes.
Contour, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Draw the details carefully. Erase all the guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.