How to draw Ash Ketchum
1) At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the drawing.
3) From the upper border of the head, make a mark one-sixth the height of the head. This will be the upper boundary of the figure.
4) From the top of the head, draw downward five segments equal to the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to three-quarters the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to one-third the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of the drawing.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for the body. Outline Ash’s head.
Draw the shapes of Ash’s torso and neck.
Define with guidelines the arms, hands, ankles and feet of the boy. Add lines for his facial features.
Outline the shapes of Ash Ketchum’s arms, legs and cap.
Draw the hands, fingers, shoes. Add the cuff and the peak of the cap.
Add lines to the T-shirt. Draw Ash’s eyes, ears and hair. Detail his cap and shoes.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour Ash Ketchum, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail, add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
For personal and non-commercial use only. All cartoon, manga and anime characters featured on supercoloring.com are the property of their respective owners.