How to draw Belle from Beauty and the Beast
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw six identical segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to half the height of the head. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Three segments equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to three-quarters the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for Belle’s body. Draw an oval for her head. Add a line, which will act as the center of her head.
Sketch Belle’s chest and neck.
Add guidelines for her arms, hands and facial features.
Outline the shapes of Belle’s arms, hands, dress and rose stem.
Draw more carefully the dress. Add Belle’s eyes, hair, fingers, gloves and rose.
Outline the frill of the dress. Finish with the hair and add some dress decorations.
Work on the whole figure, paying special attention to details.
Contour Belle, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the floor. Erase all guidelines.
For personal and non-commercial use only. All cartoon, manga and anime characters featured on supercoloring.com are the property of their respective owners.