How to draw cowboy
1) At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the right side of the head.
3) From the upper border of the head, draw a segment equal to one-third the height of the head. This marks the upper boundary of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the head, draw eight segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to one-third the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Two segments of equal head width – to the left of the line.
• Two segments of equal head width – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of the drawing.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for the cowboy’s body. Draw a line, which will act as the center of his body.
Draw the cowboy’s torso and neck. With a smooth line, draw the lower brim of his hat.
Add guidelines for the man’s arms, feet, the top of his hat and his facial features.
Draw the arms, legs and some facial features. Add a gun.
Outline the hands, boots and hat brims of the cowboy. Draw his belt and shirt.
Draw his eyes and eyebrows. Detail the clothes.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to small details.
Contour the cowboy, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.