How to draw Elvis Presley
This drawing is based on Elvis Presley photo taken in 1957 to promote Jailhouse Rock musical drama film.
1) At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the drawing.
3) From the upper border of the head, draw one segment equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to one-third the height of the head. The last one will be the upper boundary of the figure.
4) From the top of the head, draw six segments equal to the height of the head, and one segment equal to one-quarter the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Three segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of the drawing.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for Elvis Presley’s body. Draw his head. Add a line, which will act as the center of it.
Draw Elvis’s torso and neck.
Add guidelines for Elvis Presley’s arms, legs and facial features.
Outline the shapes of Presley’s arms, trousers and ear. Add his nose and eyebrows.
Sketch the man’s legs, hands, hair, eyes and jacket flaps.
Carefully draw Elvis’s jacket, trousers, hair and his facial features.
Work on the whole figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour Elvis Presley, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the floor. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.