How to draw Gohan
• At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its approximate size, using an oval.
• Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the drawing.
• From the upper border of the head, moving upward, mark one segment equal to the height of the head. This will be the upper boundary of the figure.
• From the upper border of the head, moving downward, mark 5 segments equal to the height of the head, and one segment equal to 2/3 of the height of the head. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the future drawing.
• From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
- to the left of the line, one segment equal to the width of the head, plus one segment equal to 1/3 of the width of the head;
- to the right of the line, one segment equal to the width of the head, plus one segment equal to 1/2 of the width of the head.
• Draw vertical lines through the boundaries of the segments.
The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of our drawing.
Mark off the width and height of the picture, and the main proportions of Gohan’s figure. Draw his head and a centre line.
Outline his body and neck.
Add guidelines for the arms, feet, and proportions of Gohan’s face.
Draw the shapes of the trousers, belt, and hands, as well as his eyes, ear, and nose. With smooth lines, show the general shape of his hair.
Sketch Gohan’s hands, eyebrows, shoes, and the neck of his tunic. Draw his hair locks in detail.
Draw Gohan’s hair, eye pupils, and fingers. Detail the shapes of his clothes.
Work on the whole figure, paying special attention to the details.
Contour Gohan, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Refine the details and add the ground. Erase all the guidelines.