How to draw Konata Izumi
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the right side of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw four identical segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to half the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Define Konata’s general proportions. Draw her head and a line through her figure.
Add lines to the neck, hair and body of the girl.
Add guidelines for Konata’s arms, hands, feet and facial features.
Draw the shapes of Konata’s legs, feet, sleeves, eyebrows and eyes.
Sketch the hands, hair and clothes of the character. Add her irises.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour Konata, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
For personal and non-commercial use only. All cartoon, manga and anime characters featured on supercoloring.com are the property of their respective owners.