How to draw Lord Shiva
In this tutorial, we will show you how to draw Lord Shiva meditating in lotus position.
1) At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the drawing.
3) From the upper border of the head, make a mark one-third the height of the head. This will be the upper boundary of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the head, draw downward four segments equal to the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to three-quarters the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of the drawing.
Mark off the width and height of Shiva, his proportions. Draw his head. Add a line, which will act as the center of his head.
Draw the shape of Shiva’s body and neck.
Add guidelines for the Shiva’s arms and feet. Define the places for his facial features.
Outline the shape of the arms hands and hair. Add Shiva’s eyebrows, nose, chest and loincloth.
Draw the legs, feet, eyes, and ears of the god. Add guidelines for Shiva’s snake.
Draw Shiva’s locks, earrings, bracelet, snake, loincloth, fingers and toes.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour Shiva, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.