How to draw Pocahontas
1) Draw the upper border for the figure.
2) From the upper border, moving downward, tentatively determine the position of the head and draw an oval to represent its conditional size.
3) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the figure.
4) From the upper border of the figure, draw seven identical segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to half the height of the head. The last segment will act as the lower boundary of the figure. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to half the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• Two segments equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to one-quarter the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundary of each segment, draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments will act as the vertical boundaries of the figure.
Mark off the width and height of the picture. Add guidelines for Pocahontas’s body. Draw her head and a line through her figure.
Draw the girl’s neck and body.
Add guidelines for Pocahontas’s arms, hands, legs, feet and facial features.
Outline the shape of her legs, feet, arms, hands and eyes.
Add Pocahontas’s hair, irises, pupils, fingers and toes. Sketch her clothes and necklace.
Draw the clothes, hair and eyes in more detail. Add the nose, ears and mouth of the character.
Work on the whole figure, paying special attention to detail.
Contour Pocahontas, trying to vary the thickness and darkness of the line. Add more detail and add the ground. Erase all guidelines.
For personal and non-commercial use only. All cartoon, manga and anime characters featured on supercoloring.com are the property of their respective owners.