How to draw the Leprechaun with Beer
1) At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the drawing.
3) From the upper border of the head, mark up one-third the height of the head. This is the upper boundary of the figure.
4) From the top of the head, draw downward three segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to two-thirds the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to two-thirds the width of the head – to the left of the line.
• One segment equal to the width of the head – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to one-quarter the width of the head – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of the drawing.Hide
Make an enough space in the paper for your drawing. Start drawing the leprechaun’s head by drawing a circle (for the head) and an oval (for the body).
Draw a line of symmetry on the circle. This will help you create parts of the face later. Draw the shoulders and hips of the character.
Draw the leprechaun’s eyebrows, eyes, nose and mouth. Continue to work with limbs. Build the character’s elbows, legs and feet. Sketch up a mug of beer.
Now let’s go to the details. Draw a hat, ears, cheeks, beard and hair. Draw a palm and character’s shoes.
Draw the clothes of the leprechaun with all the details. Draw a mug of beer with foam.
Contour, trying to vary the thickness and blackness of the line. Do not forget to erase unnecessary lines and intensify your strokes. Your leprechaun is ready!