How to draw the Statue of Liberty
1) At the top of the sheet, determine the location of the head and draw its conditional size using an oval.
2) Draw a vertical line through the middle of the head. This will be the central vertical line of the drawing.
3) From the upper border of the head, draw upward two segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to one-third the height of the head. Through the boundaries of the segments, draw horizontal lines. The topmost line will be the upper limit of the figure.
4) From the top of the head, draw downward seven segments equal to the height of the head and one segment equal to one-quarter the height of the head.
5) From the central vertical line of the figure, measure and draw:
• Two segments of equal head width – to the left of the line.
• Two segments of equal head width – to the right of the line.
• One segment equal to half of the head width – to the right of the line.
Through the boundaries of the segments we draw vertical lines. The extreme left and right segments are the vertical boundaries of the drawing.
Mark off the width and height of the statue of liberty. Draw a circle for her head. Add a guideline for it, not forgetting to mark the size of her head. Outline a base for the statue.
Add a line that will act as the center of the body. With short lines, define the shoulders, chest and waist. Mark the facial features and the neck.
Sketch the shape of the clothes and the book.
Add more lines to indicate tunic wrinkles and mark, with several lines, the torch.
Draw the hands and fingers. Delineate the tips of the crown points. Add a nose, mouth, eyes, and eyebrows to the Statue of Liberty.
Outline the biggest plies. Add lines for the torch.
Work on the figure, paying special attention to details: small piles and flames.
Contour the Statue of Liberty. Add some details. Erase all the guidelines.
Some rights reserved. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 License. You are free to share or adapt it for any purpose, even commercially under the following terms: you must give a link to this page and indicate the author's name and the license.